TIA PORTAL V14 Installation Requirements
Hello Thomas, I have some problems to get connection between an own application and the PLCSim V13 SP1. My System is: Windows 7 Professional 64bit, NetToPLCSim 126.96.36.199 and SIMATIC TIA Portal V13 SP1 Update 8. I enabled the PUT GET checkbox in the PLC configuration and set the PG-Interface to PLCSIM S7-1200/S7-1500(TCP/IP). The Port 102 is ok also.
The following information and STEP 7 Basic / Professional (TIA PORTAL) provide general information about V14 installation requirements.
Requirements for installing STEP7 (TIA Portal) V14 SP1 are available in the Product Information and Manuals: Publishing STEP7 Professional / Basic V14 SP1
1- System Requirements
STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14 SP1 has been released for use with the following operating systems (64-bit only):
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (STEP 7 Basic only)
- Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (STEP 7 Basic only)
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Windows 10 (64-bit, new with V14 SP1)
- Windows 10 Home Version 1607 (STEP 7 Basic only)
- Windows 10 Professional Version 1607
- Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1607
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB
- Windows Server (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 StdE SP1 (STEP 7 Professional only)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 StdE
- Windows Server 2016 Standard
2- Hardware Requirements
The following table shows the recommended minimum hardware requirements for running STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14 SP1.
- Computer: SIMATIC Field PG M5 Advanced or higher.
- Processor: Intel® Core ™ i5-6440EQ (2.7 GHz) or similar
- Main memory: 16 GB or more (32 GB for large projects)
- Hard disk: SSD with at least 50 GB of free storage
- Network: 1 Gigabit (multi-user)
- Display: 15.6 80 Full HD display (1920 x 1080 or higher resolution)
Siemens Tia Portal V13 Sp1 Update 4
3- Compatibility with other products
STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14 SP1 runs in a single framework with WinCC, Startdrive, SIMOCODE ES and SOFT STARTER ESV14 SP1 and SIMOTION SCOUT TIA V5.1.
STEP 7 Professional / Basic V14 SP1 (Including WinCC Basic V14 SP1);
Same as STEP 7 V11 to V13 SP2, STEP 7 V5.5 SP4 (STEP 7 V5.6), STEP 7 Micro / WIN V4.0 SP9, WinCC flexible 2008 SP3 and WinCC (V7.3) V versions can be installed on the computer.
Only TIA Portal V13 SP1 projects (latest update recommended) have a project feature to be upgraded to TIA Portal V14.
The latest version of V13 SP2 comes with V14 SP1 products to provide the best possible support. A compatibility mode is not supported.
Only TIA Portal V13 SP1 projects (latest update recommended) have a project feature to be upgraded to TIA Portal V14. The latest version of V13 SP2 comes with V14 SP1 products to provide the best possible support. A compatibility mode is not supported.
4- Supported Virtual Platforms
VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) 6.0
VMware Workstation 12.5
VMware Player 12.5
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016
5- Supported operating systems for virtual platforms as a host operating system
Windows 7 Professional / Ultimate / Enterprise SP1 (64-bit)
Windows 10 Professional / Enterprise Version 1607
Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB
Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
6- Security Programs
The following security programs were tested with STEP 7 V14 SP1.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
- Trend Micro Office Scan Corporate Edition 11.0
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016
- Windows Defender (as of Windows 8.1)
- Qihoo ential 360 Total Security Essential “9.7
- Encryption Software:
- Microsoft Bitlocker
- Host-based Intrusion Detection System:
- McAfee Application Control 6.2.0
STEP 7 Basic / Professional (TIA PORTAL) V15 Installation Requirements
Follow us : Facebook
- Siemens Edition or Ultimate Edition
- TIA Portal V13-16
- S7-PLCSIM V13-16
Tia Portal V13 Sp1 Update 4.0
Sorting by Height with S7-PLCSIM V13.zip
Sorting by Height with S7-PLCSIM V14.zip
Sorting by Height with S7-PLCSIM V15/16.zip
This sample provides you with TIA Portal projects ready to download to the simulator and control the Sorting by Height (Basic) scene.
Download the zip archive (top of this page) corresponding to your TIA Portal version. Extract it and open it.
Turn on the simulation by pressing Start Simulation button.
Choose PN/IE (1) as the type of PG/PC interface and on PG/PC interface select PLCSIM S7-1200/S7-1500 (2). Press Start search (3). When scanning completes, select the device (4) and press Load (5).
On S7-PLCSIM select RUN to set the CPU to Run Mode.
Start Factory I/O, press Ctrl + O, select Scenes on the left panel and open the Sorting by Height (Basic) scene.
Press F4 to open the Driver Window. Select Siemens S7-PLCSIM on the driver drop-down list.
Open the driver Configuration Panel by clicking on CONFIGURATION. Make sure S7-1200 is selected on the Model drop-down list.
Press Esc to return to the Driver Window. Now, click on CONNECT to connect to the PLC. A successful connection is indicated by a green icon next to the selected driver, as well as next to the driver name displayed on the status bar.
Switch to Run mode and enjoy.