It uses DnsMasq on Mac OS, and Acrylic DNS on Windows 10 to proxy all the request s to.test domain, i.e., no more /etc/hosts and stuff like Vagrant. We know most of the development environments are tricky to install for the first time and this whole process can really be time-consuming. Windows has a number of good file archiving and unarchiving utilities, and which one you use generally depends on what you'll be using it for. For most users, we recommend the simple, fast,.
Unarchiver is the go-to tool for all your compressing and extracting needs. The software supports many different file formats like ZIP, RAR, GZIP, TAR, and a whole lot more. If there is one thing that Dr. Unarchiver can be proud of, it is its ability to let you preview archived files even without extracting them yet. Unarchiver free download - iZip Unarchiver, Dr Unarchiver, UnArchiver (zip/unzip/unrar), and many more programs.
Unarchiver For Windows 10
The Unarchiver is designed to handle many more formats than Archive Utility, and to better fit in with the design of the Finder. It can also handle filenames in foreign character sets, created with non-English versions of other operating systems. I personally find it useful for opening Japanese archives, but it should handle many other languages just as well.
It is very simple to use and install - simply copy it into your Applications folder, or whereever else you might prefer, and then set it as the default program for archive files. This can be done either from the preferences panel in the program itself, or in the Finder.
Supported file formats include Zip, Tar-GZip, Tar-BZip2, RAR, 7-zip, LhA, StuffIt and many other old and obscure formats. See the supported formats page for a more complete list of supported formats.
Download it now from the Mac App Store! The Unarchiver is completely free, and will always remain free. If you appreciate the hard work that has gone into writing it, you can use the buttons below to donate and support the developer.
- The Unarchiver would occasionally crash on older systems. That has been fixed.
- We tweaked extraction settings to feel even more system-like
- Hardened Runtime was enabled
- New icon is here.
- UI was given a makeover: we leveled every string of text and measured every indent.
- Localizations were meticulously checked, fixed and then checked again. BTW, did you find an error? Tell our support and we'll fix it right away.
- Speed was improved. You can now get the contents of the archive you’ve just downloaded much much faster.
Best Unarchiver For Windows 10
- More RAR4, RAR5 and multipart fixes mean even more weird archives could and will be extracted.
- Symbolic links inside of ZIP archives won't be broken upon extraction anymore.
- Sometimes, upon trying to open an especially large archive, The Unarchiver would crash. That has been fixed.
- Password protected archives used to crash The Unarchiver in some cases. Well, not anymore!
- Extracting multiple files won't bug you with multiple 'Extract to..' pop-ups.
- Sømé characters in file and folder names caused random crashes. We've fixed that.
Software similar to The Unarchiver for Mac 8
- 2031 votesWinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
- 22 votesWinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try
- 75 votesIf the command line is not your thing - here's a GUI front-end for unrar.
An .exe file from Windows is a program, not a compressed archive (normally). It is possible in Windows to turn a .zip file into a self extracting archive with another utility. It then puts an .exe wrapper around the .zip file. The purpose is so you can send a .zip file to another Windows users and they don't need any kind of utility to unpack it. You just run what looks like a program, and it unpacks the enclosed .zip file. Unnecessary in any version of Windows since XP since .zip support is built in to the OS.
Anyway, it's highly unlikely to be a self extracting .zip file. No matter what you download to 'open' the file, it won't work.
Sep 2, 2014 10:08 AM